The Brodhead Police Department is responsible for providing police services and protection to the City of Brodhead residents, businesses, employees, and visitors. The Department consists of the following division and staffing levels for those divisions.
Public Safety Dispatch Supervisor
Full-time and Part-time Police Officers
Part-time Community Service Officers
Full-time and Part-time Public Safety Dispatchers
The Brodhead Police Department emphasizes the well-known concept of community and problem oriented policing, which is reflected in our organizational structure and enforcement philosophy. We believe in the critical importance of partnering with our community to identify and solve community problems in order to maintain the quality of life desired by the City’s many stakeholders.
SERVICES PROVIDED: (not an all-inclusive listing of services provided)
- 24 hour a day police services, 365 days a year.
- Patrol areas of the city by squad cars, bicycle, ATV and foot. Identify and apprehend violators of Federal, State and local laws and take appropriate problem solving action as specified by State law, rules and regulations and policies and procedures of the Brodhead Police Department.
- Provide assistance and security to those who live, work or visit the City of Brodhead including security checks of businesses, City Parks and residences, school zone patrol, vacation checks of resident homes while they are on vacation.
- Mediate disputes between family members, neighbors and others.
- Provide security and escort services during community organization and the School District events; the homecoming parade, the 4th of July parade, Covered Bridge Days and other community events.
- Investigate traffic complaints, traffic crashes and complete traffic crash reports for the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Provide daily walk troughs of the Brodhead School District complexes.
- First Responders to fire and medical calls for service.
- Provide the following proactive programs through its crime prevention and fundraising arm known as the Brodhead Police Association: Shop with a Cop, National Night Out, Carrying Concealed Weapons Classes, Police K9 Unit
- Provide the following services to residents and visitors; Medication Drop Box, Registering vehicles and renewing registrations, Issuing DNR Sugar River Trail Passes, and open vehicles in which the owner has locked the keys inside,
- Administers the Brodhead Elderly Emergency Monitoring Service (BEEMS)
- Municipal code violation enforcement.
- Traffic enforcement on all city owned roadways and two state highways that run through the City of Brodhead Assist in the processing of municipal citations and circuit criminal complaints.
- Conduct background investigations and background checks on applicants for City permits, alcohol server applications and pre-employment background investigations for other City departments.
- Provide Public Safety Communications / Support Services; Performs emergency 9-1-1 and non-emergency dispatching for police, fire, EMS and other City Departments. Prioritizes calls based on urgency. Maintains telephone contacts with callers during dangerous situations. Transfers calls to appropriate agencies. Tracks status of law enforcement and other emergency personnel regarding status, availability and location.
- Clerical and record-keeping duties. Serves as the first person to have contact with people or entities seeking emergency and non-emergency services from the police department and other City Departments after normal business hours.