Brodhead Memorial Public Library (BMPL) strives to serve all residents of Green County, as well as residents from other counties in the South Central Library System (SCLS). Patrons from other counties in Wisconsin which have an agreement with SCLS are also eligible to establish a patron record with BMPL.
- Legal residents of Wisconsin (except those residing in Milwaukee County) are eligible to apply and receive one free set of cards (wallet and key ring). Cards are valid for four years, and are accepted at all SCLS member libraries and at libraries with reciprocal borrowing agreements with SCLS.
- Persons residing outside of the state of Wisconsin may purchase a library card for $50.00 to use at BMPL. These cards are valid for one year, and may be repurchased annually.
- Children who are less than sixteen years old must have an adult parent or guardian co-sign their library agreement.
All eligible applicants (and co-signers) must be in “good standing” with South Central Library System
(i.e. have no outstanding fines or fees or lost items).
Those who already have a library card with SCLS are eligible to update their card information.
The fee to replace lost cards is $1.00.
Adults who are eligible to apply (or serve as co-signers) may do so by completing the application and presenting valid documentation that indicates their name and current address.
- Current drivers license or official state identification (ID) Card;
- Current Passport;
- Current Military ID with photo;
- Current area school district ID with photo; or
- Social Security Card (only last four digits will be noted in our records)
Proof of Current Address (if not on above ID) Includes:
- Mail at current address postmarked within 30 days;
- Current property tax bill, mortgage, or lease; or
- Current automobile registration or auto insurance card.
Library Patrons are responsible for notifying BMPL of any name, address, or telephone number changes.
Approved by the Library Board on 03/19/2012